Rose Bakery Los Angeles
Position: Head Chef
Reporting to: Vice President / Store Director
Date: October 2019
Founded in Paris in 2002 by Rose and Jean Charles Carrarini, Rose Bakery’s signature fresh and natural food was brought to the ground floor of Dover Street Market New York in 2013.
The Anglo-French bakery’s menu changes every day to reflect the very best ingredients available. This philosophy has garnered them an international following, two renowned cook books by Phaidon and multiple locations in Paris, London, Tokyo and Seoul. The Café’s commitment to seasonal, healthy and nutritious eating has made menus staples such as the Assiette de Legumes, Quiche and Carrot Cake worldwide best-sellers.
Rose Bakery Los Angeles is seeking a Head Chef to take full charge of its Los Angeles establishment. The selected candidate will be responsible for running all aspects of the business including creating the daily menu, sourcing ingredients, managing the team, customer service, event planning, catering, recruiting, training, and meeting health and safety standards.
- A highly motivated individual able converse with all levels both internally and externally.
- Self-starter, able to set the standard by their own professionalism and attitude.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated, self-organized and a team player. Willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Decisive, structured and organized, with a keen eye for detail.
- Punctual, possesses excellent time management skills.
- Flexible, adapts to the every changing needs of the business.
- Possesses an enthusiasm and a passion for the Rose Bakery philosophy.
- Ensuring all menus and ingredient selections are in accordance with the Rose Bakery philosophy and standards.
- Seamless operation and functioning of Rose Bakery, ensuring the very best customer service levels at all times.
- Meeting/exceeding sales goals and adhering to strict food and non-food budgets.
- Develop a creative environment that fosters teamwork and values collaboration.
- Planning and coordinating events within Dover Street Market Los Angeles.
- Develop and oversee the catering business from start to finish including developing menu’s, pricing, and invoicing.
- Develop and maintain the grocery business by sourcing new products, tracking sales and adhering to merchandising standards.
- Excellent chef who enjoys cooking simply with the best ingredients available.
- Strong communicator.
- Capable of multi-tasking while maintaining a high attention to detail.
- Flexible to the needs of the business.
- Able to build and lead a team.
- Create seasonal daily menus with variety and quality.
- Run the kitchen.
- Health and Safety standards.
- Responsible for sourcing and placing all food and non-food orders.
- Work closely with Rose Bakery principles/owners.
- Creative, Simple, Seasonal, Top Quality Food
- Customer Service
- Seamless Operations
- Controlled Costs
- Sales Results