Reporting to: Rose Bakery Manager
Date: September 2018
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working and professional Line/Pastry Cook with an interest in seasonal and organic food and baked goods. This person must be proficient in this particular area of expertise.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Be familiar with line work including but not limited to sautéing, grilling, following ticket times, seasoning, and working alongside fellow cooks and the Head Chef in a small kitchen setting.
- Be confident in prep work including but not limited to vegetable preparation, soup/sauce making, solid knife skills, etc.
- Be able to follow baking recipes, including measuring and basic math skills. A huge plus if baking is a particular strength and passion.
- Work with speed, ensuring timely service while maintaining integrity of food.
- Ensure all preparations of menu items adhere to Rose Bakery standards.
- Be timely, respectful of fellow staff members, and maintain a positive attitude in the kitchen, including helping wherever needed.
- Display good hygiene and uphold all health and safety standards in compliance with local health codes.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Motivated and competent and able to converse at all levels with staff and customers
- Be able to work on one’s own initiative with attention to detail at all times
- Commitment and flexibility with a ‘can-do attitude’
- Must possess a strong level of self-awareness as well as an awareness around themselves
- Outstanding people skills
- Willingness to learn and develop culinary skills
- Patient and Friendly with demonstrated experience in problem solving
- Strong eye for detail
- Experience in a professional kitchen/bakery setting
- Being tidy, clean and hygienic
- Great communication skills with all staff members and management
- Ability to write and speak English
- Familiarity with proper storage techniques and utilizing correct rotation of food items
- Remaining level headed and respectful
- Taking and following verbal and written instructions
- Working and standing up for long hours
- Lifting up to 50lbs
- ServSafe certification required within 30 days